Thursday, August 13, 2015

The space between my ears

In the days leading up to DRAGALUTION, last Friday, I would continually run through the numbers in my mind. I would picture how it was all going to feel, kept my feet from touching the ground for days. Every moment has exceeded every scenario my mind had painted!!!
So many favorite and important moments; I'll list a few:
Melanie, Austin and Lillian making the trip from Eugene to be with us, for the parade especially!
Nicholas making the trip from Portland and bringing the fiercest version of Annya Allnight EVER!!!!
Fuck you Jerry!!! Becky bringing Jerry so to life and dominating the world with her style and grace!!!
David being able to do the show. And dominating her solo debut!!!!
Katie having to sit this one out, last minute.
Spending the day with Pierce setting up the sound system
Having my Cums family gathered and getting to ride the GlamTram down to the show, making a few loops around town, waving, laughing, hugging and dancing.
Stopping at Supper Club to hug Katrina and T!! A ritual of mine.
Getting off at the theater and seeing so many people gathered to get in to the show; almost everyone dressed up!
This show was important form me, my return to the stage after the year break to heal so that I could do this.
Attitude check!
FUCK YOU BITCH!!! Still rings through my ears and soul.

All these moments have been swirling through the space between my ears.
The show.
What?!?! It was the first time I actually felt like I nailed a performance. I didn't disappoint myself. Big accomplishment (wink).the thrill of standing with our backs to you while Sofanda Dykes cooed us with love for sale. Applause. Applause applause!
Hey big spender! That feeling looping in my soul!
This is how the show went for me... Perfection within the flawed fibre of the world, there were issues, but none that would tear me down.
Drag lessons 101 killed me!!! Still laughing! Ginger, you are perfection!!
All the standing ovations! Melt my little heart.
The after party, dancing, hugging, laughing and discussing.
Seeing Cloud come into focus at the snack bar! He may have missed the show, but he made it for the rest of the festivities!! And by festivities, I mean Regatta Parade!!!
This year, DRAGALUTION and the Lower Columbia Q Center joined forces and we all walked together and rode the float, spreading our love and brightness with no apologies. None. All the love there! The families and friends that gathered to walk with us and celebrate love wins! Because it always does.
I keep thinking of the bravery of the young ones, straight, gay, lesbian, transgender, our elders, each of us surrounded in bright colors of love and light!
Letting the bubble machine, dance tunes and flower petals line the streets where we pass!
The incredible beauty of most of us covered in Holi powder from India making us that much brighter.
The people that came by to be covered in our love, our blessings.
The thrill of rolling through town and seeing friends and family along the sides cheering us along and showering us in love!!! Incredible. There are always those moments, and times when I realize how important it is to be present in life, and that really rang true towards the end of the parade, right by the Fort George, when I saw one of my favorite people from childhood and I gave her a shout out and she rolled her eyes and head at me, not uncommon. I asked her why. She yelled back that," it is because of you and your kind that I don't bring my grandchildren to the parade anymore." I just wrapped her in love and light and kept moving. Broke my heart to hear those words.
It also solidified the purpose of being present in life. Doesn't just have to be in large groups, but to be present as an individual human, sharing space with other humans. Take everything away, and we are all the same.
I've included Ann in my meditations, hoping that she will awaken in this life time and understand that love covers more ground than hatred. That understanding always leads the way and that we are all family. All of us.
Her words only gave me more purpose and vitality. I am on the right path.
I was so moved by how glorious we all were floating down the streets of Astoria and
how great it felt for us all to gather and walk with our hearts open and not apologizing for being our incredible selves!!
All these things have been occupying the space between my ears as I come down from the rush of love we all created together this weekend!!! Let us keep our brightness shinning and surround those that oppose us with warm golden light to help melt the shell of fear conditioning has placed there. Love is the way! And I love you all, all the way!!! Thank you for lifting me up and sparkeling so fiercely with me!!
All my love,
Daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment