Saturday, April 22, 2017

Daylight Cums: The Awakening Chapter 35

Today, I woke to the rumble of the earth beneath my feet; shaking me out of my slumber as I walked into a tree.  Seriously?!  This battle has been intense and fighting half asleep is doing nothing for my body.  How long have we been holding them off?  How many moons have risen over our crying bodies working to care for those down in battle and the others we must bury?  How many sun rises to remind us of the battle we are in?  Hawk, how did we get here?
You look at me, your silver black hair falling across your intense blue eyes, shaking your head, as you, effortlessly, press to standing.  Your soft brown leather pants, covered in blood and dirt, hugging you as perfectly as the day you first appeared and lead me off on this crazy crazy quest.  What are we even on a quest for?  The purpose of the moments leading us here?  With a sigh you say, "Mistress Daylight, Goddess of the Eternal Sun, Queen of the Sunset Empire and Mother to the House of Cums, you worry yourself with too much thought.  Remember your teachings, "it is all just breath, as long as you keep breathing, it all becomes one and struggle is joy and joy is struggle." Our path has brought us to this moment, and why stand and question, when we can work at this task and press on, always forward, even as we sleep we lay forward on the path. Now, help me with grave so we may honor those that fell today and ready ourselves for tomorrow."
Oh how you exasperate me somedays!!!  I wipe the sweat from my brow, toss back my hair and wrap my hands around the handle of my shovel and dig in to the soil, down and down we dig.  The soil here dry and brittle like layers and layers of peanut brittle, with the occasional area of old crunchy sea foam. We dig well past dark, the last body put to rest, our prayers sung and tears wept and we rise.
You put your arm around me and walk me toward the fire, the smell of cedar in the air, the smell of your armpit on my neck and shoulder, the best perfume ever.  You help me down to the ground and roll me into your strong arms and whisper in my ear, "Sweet Daylight, Marco, Mark, our path is forward, and the path spirals and we go where it may lead.  Our strength is in our continued steps, in our breath, in the love we can share and the time we can give.  The battle is never over, it is our honor to march on.  It is your birthright that has given you power and through these battles we have found our strength and uncovered a love and a knowledge of the All, which has provided us with the desire to quest on to ultimate acceptance and freedom from the cycles of the mind and society."  You roll up onto your shoulder and bring your hand to my face, you brush some soil from my face, your blue eyes looking into my soul, you kiss me deeply.  My soul melts and I feel us become one. You breath into me, "I love you."
With a start, I wake up.  I pull the sheets down and peer out of the window.  What a dream. I make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I chance a look of myself in the mirror and  I have mud on my cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment