Monday, March 21, 2016

The Awakening Continues: The Oracle Sings

A hush washes over the room as I step in. The musicians, 4 of them to the right of The Oracle, stop their playing and, along with the rest of the room, bow their heads to me. The Oracle, standing with purpose and grace reaches his arms to me and advances, surrounding me in an embrace I've always longed for. It felt like he was that tree deep in the forest I have leaned against and hugged and laughed and cried beneath my whole life; only now, he was holding me physically.
The Oracle speaks with a deep and soft voice, " You are correct My Queen, I am that tree. All of your years of laughter and tears and reverence you held beneath my shelter awoke the spirit within and I was free, once again, to roam this beautiful planet with others like myself."
Excitedly I interrupt," So there are many more of you?"
His laughter shakes the room,"No, a few here and there. This age is to be known as The Awakening. You have helped to shift the veil and the spirits of the forest, sea and sky are feeling their true beings again. The journey has just begun, excitement builds as more of us Awakened find our way here, beyond the Coast Range, your sweet song fills their hearts and they find there way here, free to be alive as they are."
"A handful are awaiting your orders as to where this quest will lead them, us. I will take you to them shortly, but now, sit, I wish to hear how you arrived."
I sat in his embrace and sank into the comfort of the pillows and furs. Hawk sat slightly away from me, completely alert as to every movement or sound around us. The musicians sit, as well and all eyes are on me as The Oracle asks," Do you recall the moment of your Awakening?"
Sitting in the comfort of the room, I glanced at Hawk, a flash of sights and sounds flutter around my mind. The running water, Hawk brushing the dirt from my body, being pushed up and out of the earth. I recall sitting on the rock in the stream and fighting fighting fighting in my heart, mind and body. The wind blew across my neck and I heard an idea of a voice,' Breathe Daylight. Soften to this rage within and around you. Focus on your breath, then face your demons, one at a time.'
I began focusing on my breath, and I faced each of my demons, one at a time, with kindness, an open heart and ears to listen. What I discovered was that I instantly go into attack mode when any situation arises. My shields go up and I rage within the confines of my fortress. That action immediately causes whoever I may be in conflict with to react the same way. I saw the reality of the situation. Both of us holding up our protective fortresses and yelling and raging but neither of us able to respond because we are deaf and consumed with what we must express."
"The next demon I faced I tried a different approach; I took a deep breath, softened my chest and opened my heart and walked forward with kindness and ears to listen. I discovered that the same happened with my demon, and we were able to understand and move forward without conflict. That was when I lost my form and I was washed into the stream and I felt my head being held by our ancestors encouraging me to continue to unfold and let go and as I did so, I became one with all things and the next thing I remember is the sound of running water and the feel of the forest floor beneath my face. As I recalled how I came to be there, I grew out of the earth and awoke to Hawk brushing the earth from my belly, wrapping me in this robe and bringing me to you."
The Oracle held me in his gaze as he rose, a movement that happened so swiftly and quickly that I had to do a double take.  He swept his arms wide and laughed with such thunder I felt it beneath my seat, “Daylight, it is as it was foretold….” the musicians begin to play again and the Oracle sings, “The Awakening, as we enter this new age, we will face the demons of our lives and be challenged to face them.” (the music sounds like thunder and wind and birds in the early morning building and giving way to morning and the warmth of the sun) “We must strive for that kindness within.  We lower our shields, we raise our heads and lower our shields and engage with a smile.” The violin takes over and lifts my soul from my chest and I rise. I join in on the tide of the music, riding the beautiful wave of knowledge as I am carried to shore, “I face you, I see you, we are here, yes we are. This road, it leads us on, never guaranteeing anything more than adventure.  This life it is ours and we must choose to live it. I see you standing here and I want to be swept away in the moment of your smile and sing and dance and move on and out.” The music build and laughter fills the air, the sweet fragrance of spring in the air, cherry blossoms fluttering down around us all as we share in this moment, this calm before the storm.
Even though we were in celebration, we knew that this quest was going to be long and challenging and our song hard to hear over the yells in the world around us. The Oracle grabbed my hand and twirled me towards him and dipped me and taking my last thought from me, he sings in my ear, “and it will all be just fine, because we have Daylight on our side.”

to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment