Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!!


For the past dozen or so years, I have made it a ritual to take time and write down the aspects of who I am, what I'd like to change, how I relate to the world around me and I go to the forest or beach and read them out loud and burn it as a means of shedding the power I give things over my life.
It is always surprising what gets written down; since I'm not much for editing my thoughts and I am my own harshest critic, this year I have made two stacks of thoughts to burn and I have to tell you it is going to feel great to burn these thoughts away!!! I have shame written down 5 times, it just kept popping up:)
What This meditation has revealed most: at my true core I am an aggressive ass hole.  I work hard, every moment of every day, to silence the rage within my soul.  I have found many tools to aide me on my path to honesty, grace, kindness and love.  The most important one has been my prism theory: I look at the people and situations that bring me frustration as an extension of the light that shines from within me and I ask myself what it is about this person or frustrating situation that I recognize about myself and I use it as a means to find deeper compassion for those moments.  How is this me? How can I affect change?  Do I really need to be a bitch because this person is so removed that s/he can't fucking use their blinker or have enough common sense that it is just plain tacky to go into a restaurant with outside food or beverages and sit at a dirty table.
At those moments (and I generally win this game with myself) I take a deep breath, maybe hum a little tune and try to let it go. This last year I only had 4 moments at the cafe where I had to let my inner ass hole out and I am working for even less this year.
You see, I choose to live each day, no matter how hard it may be to do, with loving kindness towards others in the world around me. I choose to get dressed and present my best self every day. I choose to look at you and smile as we pass on the street. I choose to overcome my short comings in life to make sure I can have the best time and most fun possible I every day I get to live.
And it is with that spirit that I burn down those issues that keep me bound to my true nature of aggressive ass hole; I deserve better;)
And with that I hope that you all have a much easier time at finding the joy and bliss in your lives than I do in mine!!!!
I am determined to shine more brightly than I ever have before this year!
Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment