Thursday, April 10, 2014

A perfect day

Today was THE most perfect day! It started at 8 sitting in the backyard drinking French press and having hash browns and eggs in the sun with Becky. It is my favorite thing, the morning sun and coffee. Astoria is a special place and when the sun is out it just does something to me. The veil of illusion drops and I see clearly and deeply and tap into that earth vibration that just makes me want to strut and skate and hug every person I see..
After breakfast, I began my transformation into Daylight for the last bit of filming Mister Smith had for us to do on the Drag Queen Rap video. I put together a fierce outfit! Acid washed denim elastic waisted coveralls that I turned into hot shorts and sleeveless sexy goodness worthy of a queen:) I always know it is a good outfit when I get a giggle out of Mister Smith. It has become something I strive for:)
He picked me up and we went to the Pacific Pride gas station for some gas pumping good times. I love that I did all this under the Pacific Pride banner in front of the pumps and behind my boom box! The only thing missing was the car. But wait, that will be arriving shortly; in the mean time, Mister Smith filmed me dancing and working it for the camera in the gorgeous sunshine. It was a funny scene as the gas station is open, but it is a self pumper so no employees are there, however, the owner did drive up and ask what we were doing. I introduced myself and Mister Smith and explained what we were doing and he let us continue. 
During one of the takes, we had to stop because two different big rigs pulled up to fuel up.. I just bent down and picked up my boom box and moved out of the way; acting like it was just another day. Which it was!!! This is the way I get to spend my days going out and making music videos in drag!! Love it so..
Eric pulled up in his sexy green machine and we filmed the last bit at the station.
Then, we went back to my place, I slipped into something a bit more comfortable- my sweats and a tank top and off to the beach we went to film the last shot which was of Marco shot dead in the head laying in the sand. We did this at Fort Stevens while other people were enjoying playing on the beach and exploring the sites, I was on my back, with blood dripping from my head. We did stand and take it all in before we left the wonderfully windy beach.
After that adventure, I did another quick change and hustled down to get a quick roller skate in before my afternoon massage. I have been craving a skate with my new skates!! 
I put a skate playlist together and hit the waterfront.  It was perfection! Granted, I felt awkward on the skates being that they were new and it was my first skate since September. I was soaring in the heavens. That is how I feel when I skate. It may be my favorite thing to do. I didn't have time to work on my turns but I skated down to 39th and back to Salon Verve running into many friends along the way! Most of the time it is a high five as we pass but I did manage to get a few hugs too;)
I never tire of looking at the river. It is such a powerful force and so gorgeous and always changing.
After my massage, I headed over the big bridge to hang with some friends and over to their family's house
for dinner. It was such an awesome time! We made these crazy yummy taco salad things that were just what I had been craving but didn't even realize it!
On the drive home, I was on the bridge, Astoria glowing in the distance and the darkness was such a way that it made the road like smoke only being solid directly in my sight line. It was so present. Unfolding as I needed it. I felt so supported in a moment when it looked like I was surrounded by nothingness. 
What a day! I am so lucky to get to live in the truth of the moment and within the openness and honesty of my soul and I am so gratefull to every person that I get to spend moments with in paradise. Here is to a fabulous spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment