Friday, April 4, 2014

Candy Whore

I am a candy whore!! I mean it! I have always craved candy... As Willie Nelson would say, "you are always on my mind" 
I can remember as far back as being an altar boy at Saint Mary's ( I know right! Me growing up in Saint Mary's... Hey girl) and one Sunday- now this was back pre-braces, buck toothed, chub rub Mark with the shiny feathered hair- I am ringing the bells for the offering and all I can do is think about how good the Bit-O-Honey is going to taste in my mouth when I can get home to it.... My mouth was so wet, dripping and I was distracted; so much so I remember Father Alstock having to look back at me because I missed my cue for the raising of the chalice. I was so embarrassed to miss my cue my chubby cheeks got even rosier;)
Anyway, I have had a very long and secret, and not so secret love affair with candy. Many if you know my favorites (ranked in no particular order): peanut M and M, starburst, sour patch kids, Swedish fish, Salmaiki; milk duds, licorice, reces peanut butter cups, jugyfruits, kit kat, snickers, lemon heads, dots.... I LOVE me some candy!!!!
You all have seen me eat candy, we share it often... Oh, the risen are my favorite mouth wetting candy for sure!!  But that is only the amount I want you to see. For everything I have eaten with you I guarantee I have snuck more before we got together just to make sure I could control myself around you, especially in public.
Some days, I can eat up to 3 candy full package items within a single sitting:) my favorite combo is usually: sour patch kids, watermelon sour patch kids and peanut m and m... I will eat one full package of the sour patch kids and start in with the m and m before we get home from the store; then I open the other sour patch kid and switch between the two packs until they are gone.
When I lived in New York in the 1990's, we lived in a 4 story brownstone walk up on 56th and 9th. There was a store 3 doors from our entrance and every day when I walked by on my way home I would pick up cigs and candy to bring home; only I would buy extra that I would cram eat before I got to the front door of the building so I wouldn't have to let my room mates know how much candy I really ate. This was a daily event. I am a candy WHORE!
Working at the Columbian Cafe is the worst because I have the snack bar right there and I hear it call my name while I am working in the cafe. On a good day I will escape with just a little box of lemon heads; on a bender day it's a box of those while I decide what else I should take which usually ends in a snickers (now that they come divided in 2 it makes it so easy to share) I eat one half and will cut the other half into slices to share and I'll put a box of m and m's in my pocket to snack on while I get ready to prepare really fresh yummy food...something I'm kind of known for...
My friend Chris laughed at me when I was explaining my situation and embarrassment tonight after work. I'll try to get it right (but I can't type as well as he tells a story): " dude. You are saying that you are embarrassed to have people know how much candy you have? You who isn't shy about anything are covering this up... That is fucked up... I condensed the story.
I'm like, "yeah, I'm embarrassed about how much candy I sneak and I have recognized my pattern and I am stopping it. I am remembering that I feel best when I eat well, make my food, juice my juice and lay off the fucking C.A.N.D.Y. Baby!!!!" 
I am taking control and ridding myself of the burden of hiding all that candy mouth dumping by not doing it any more.
Don't get me wrong, I will still enjoy candy, I just won't be a whore for it and hide my obsession;) I will enjoy it less frequently and maybe more in the form of chocolate that is salty and rich...
Now, next I need to curb my desires for those damn blended coffee drinks.. I just can not help myself and I really do think havin two in one day is a bit much;) probably 6 a week is too many too. Seriously, I have an issue with these tasty sweet treats.
It's like when I decided I wanted to start eating more healthy and work off some of the Oreo, toasted graham cracker with peanut butter, marshmallow peanut butter and chocolate chip melted in the microwave mixed with frosted flakes with heavy cream that I had been accumulating... I decided to eat only things from the farm; so I started eating mostly cheese, butter (which had to be sliced as thick as cheese), eggs and milk.. I was soo gassy... Which remindes
me of my Star of the Sea fart story in the 7th grade while listening to Noah's Arc as told by Bill Cosby on the record player- but I'll save that for another time;)
Back to me, the candy whore, I am rinsing my shit out and getting it tight again so I can roll on the water front in my new skates without "rolling" down the water front... Know what I mean baby;) 
Today was my 4th day without candy.  It is tough. I was in the cafe tonight and I had to ignore the call. I've told Josh to not let me go in the theater for candy.. He can totally keep me out of there!! Love you all!!!! Type at you later! If you see me out and about say hey and give me a hug:)
Love, 
Daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment