Wednesday, October 9, 2013

National coming out day eve

Hello my darlings:) many of you have been introduced to me this year as Daylight Cums.  I had my debut in January for Marco's show DRAGALUTION!  
What you may not know is that I have been sneaking around for years but Marco has always been a little nervous to let me be seen.  Yes, Marco has been out for years. True that! But he has only allowed himself to be out in little increments.  He has hidden a lot of his art and passion for explosive creative dance expression out of fear of scaring his friends, people Marco has always pushed the line with and have asked for their company on the journey!  It has been said all too many times, "there's the line and Marco has crossed it again!!" And you all step with him.  
Marco has always felt so blessed by being able to live in such a loving accepting community.  As funny as it is to type this, he is always nervous about offending anyone!!! I know right!!! He is a silly man.  But back to me, Daylight;)
I have been asking him for years to let me out. I would yell it over and over in his head (In between the 8 counts and kick ball changes) let me out!!!! Let me out!! Let ME out!!!! Well, I have finally broken that boy down and I am stepping out to let you know I, Daylight Cums, am out!!!!! Yay!!!! I got my papers to walk and I am stepping out! I am ready to bring this game of life forward! I am ready to speak it! To breathe it! To drink it! To feel it! To live it! To digest it! To believe in it! To embody it!! Yes! Oh yes!!! The music is building... As Phil Colin's sings, "I can feel it..." Oh lord.... For this moment... This now.... This life... It is mine and I'm gonna live it!!! Marco has agreed to give me some proper air time in his life!!
This is where he gets nervous, because he doesn't want to lose himself to me...he loves his "manhood" doesn't want to ever give that up and he has made me promise that you will always know that he is "deep inside" every moment you look at me...whatever. Anyways, I'm out and about and if you see me let's take an eight count and dance together... It would make me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment