Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Birthday Queen

Today marks my 45th year on this earth, this time around (wink).  5 years ago I had my 40th in the Columbian theater. It was reservation only and was to be a karaoke/lip sync competition; the winner walking away with a grand prize of Marco's Sex Book PDFMN; which was inspired by Madonnas Sex Book.  The party was amazing!! Balloons floating in the entrance with streamers hanging down, finger food in the VooDoo Room; family and friends- all of my worlds colliding at the same location for a party that was a mystery to everyone.
I can still recall the nervous excitement of my mom! She loves to see me perform, but she also knows how vulgar I can be;) her favorite (even though her favorite would have been for me to be a god boy without a foul tongue) phrase for me was, "rude, crude and vulgar." I always have been. I am pure in spirit, I just have a vulgar way of shining sometimes...I have just learned to allow both space within me.  I try to not be too ashamed of how I speak, sing, write or dance.  Even when I am singing about angry hand jobs, I do it with playful kindness in my heart. For me, artistic expression is all about working through all of my pent up fears, frustrations, laughter and sexuality issues. I believe that if we continue to find the strength to share our fears, questions and joys with one another our world is going to continue to blossom and release it's sweet drag stance ( that was to read: fragarance; but I love drag stance!!) to all and let them drink in the beauty of what we all have to share.
I felt that on the 25 of January, as a group of like 15, all dressed in our drag for the night; walked off my front porch and through downtown to the Columbian Theater for this years DRAGALUTION! It was a powerful moment for me and my greatest gift I have ever been given

1 comment:

  1. With a heart like yours and artistic intention you should NEVER be ashamed. I love you as you are, were and will be and am honored to have been a part of these shows for the last four years.
    Amanda & Pelvis (who are the most magical of lovers, btw).

    ReplyDelete